by Gauri Junnarkar | August 3, 2016 4:26 pm
Savor the essence of Ayurveda with this simple and yet delicious Spinach Lentil Quinoa Khichari. Energize mind and body with the subtle flavors of spices mixed with nourishing lentils and quinoa.A complete meal by itself for you and your family.
One serving: Calories: 246 gm Carbs: 37 gm
Protein: 12 gm Fat: 6 gm
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1. Soak Masoor Dal 1 hour before using. Wash and rinse dal and keep aside.
2. Wash and rinse Quinoa and keep aside.
3. Put the sauce pan on the stove, keep the heat on medium. Add ghee, then add turmeric.
4. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Reduce the heat to low if needed.
5. Add grated ginger and sauté it. Then add chopped spinach and sauté.
6. Add Masoor dal and quinoa, salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add 4 cups water and let it come to a boil. Cover the saucepan with the lid, reduce the heat to low. Watch for the water content. After cooking on low for 20 mins, open the lid and gently stir.
8. Check if masoor dal and Quinoa are cooked, if not add 1 cup water, cover and cook until dal and quinoa cook completely. The khichari consistency should be close to a rice casserole.
9. Garnish with cilantro on top.
10. Serve hot yummy khichari with ghee on top. Eat with coconut chutney for added flavor.
Source URL: https://yogadigest.com/spinach-lentil-quinoa-khichari/
Copyright ©2019 Yoga Digest unless otherwise noted.