by Jenn Bodnar | March 25, 2019 11:38 pm
From inflammation to anxiety, cancer to epileptic seizures, (CBD) is becoming as common as ibuprofen as a treatment for a variety of issues, big and small. People of all shapes, sizes, and age, even pets now with , are jumping on the CBD bandwagon! If you’re ready to replace the pills in your medicine chest for something more holistic, here are a few .
1. What is it? CBD is a naturally occurring, chemical compound from the cannabis plant. It’s used in products like oils and edibles to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm.
2. Is CBD legal? Currently, there are ten states where cannabis is entirely legal for medicinal and recreational use. These states are Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington. As of 2019, there are three states (Idaho, Nebraska, and South Dakota) with restrictions on all cannabis and cannabis-derived products.
3. Will it get you high? CBD’s close relationship with (tetrahydrocannabinol) THC is the reason people ask if CBD can get you high. Though they come from the same plant, THC is different from CBD in that it has intoxicating or psychoactive “high ” effects. The effects of THC are what has overshadowed the benefits of CBD and caused much confusion about the difference between the two compounds. CBD is 100% non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t negatively impact your mental processes.
4. How do you use it? Luckily, as CBD is becoming increasingly popular, so is the variety of CBD products. CBD oil is by far the most common but can seem bitter for most people. A better place to start may be with products that are easier on the palate such as , , or even . Topical salves and creams are available to used directly on the skin.
5. How do you know if it’s the good stuff? Unfortunately, due to it’s novelty, there aren’t any regulations that control the manufacturing process so there are many different extraction methods. Beware of low prices, as it may yield cheap and dangerous methods. Stick to companies using organic methods which remove toxins and residues and are far safer and yield the highest amount of cannabinoids.
Source URL: https://yogadigest.com/cbd-101things-to-know-before-you-try-the-latest-natural-healing-trend/
Copyright ©2024 Yoga Digest unless otherwise noted.