Baked Cauliflower Wings Recipe
by Pat Fabulous | May 28, 2018 12:26 am
This Vegan alternative to Buffalo Chicken Wings is both healthy and delicious! And it can be made gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian. Dip in ranch or blue cheese for even more added flavor.
Total Time – 45 minutes to 1 hour
Servings – 4 – 6
- 1 head of cauliflower approx. 4 cups of florets
- 1/2 cup milk for vegan: use water or almond or soy milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free rice flour)
- 1 cup Frank’s red hot buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp butter (for vegan use earth balance buttery spread)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and split cauliflower into medium florets
- Mix the liquids, flour and spices together in a bowl to make a paste
- Dip the cauliflower into the flour mixture and coat each piece. Then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 – 30 minutes (depending on how brown you want your ‘wings’ I like to really brown them up – there is flavor in the brown!) Turn and Flip the wings occasionally.
- While the cauliflower is cooking mix up the Frank’s red hot sauce with butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower has done its first bake take it out of the oven and toss in the wing sauce to coat. Place back on the baking sheet and put them back in the oven to brown about 10 – 15 minutes. Again I love them nice and brown and crispy so I go for a longer second bake. Once they reach your desired crispness take out of the oven and serve with Ranch and/or Blue Cheese Dressing or your favorite dipping sauce. I like to add some with some carrots and celery sticks on the plate.
Source URL: https://yogadigest.com/baked-cauliflower-wings-recipe/
Copyright ©2022 Yoga Digest unless otherwise noted.