by Sophie Mackenzie | August 11, 2014 12:33 pm
(Makes approximately 25 veggie balls)
Spaghetti (recipe below)
Sun-dried Tomato Sauce (recipe below)
Parmesan (recipe below)
1. Begin by soaking the sunflower seeds for at least 8 hours or overnight. Before using them drain and rinse well under fresh water.
2. Combine the soaked sunflower seeds in a food processor or high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients and puree until the mixture is fine, but you can still see small bits of the veggies. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
3. With damp hands, form the dough into balls approximately the size of a Tbsp. If the dough begins to stick to your hands at anytime, just rinse them under water and start again.
4. Dehydrate at 40 C (105 F) for around 12 hours, or until the balls have a crisp exterior, but are still soft in the middle. Alternatively, you can dry them with the oven set to it’s lowest setting and the oven door slightly ajar. This will take far less time, but they will technically be “cooked”.
5. Serve with Spaghetti, Sun-dried Tomato Sauce, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Extra veggie balls should be stored in the refrigerator. They are great added to salads, etc.
(Serves 4, easily halved)
Source URL: http://yogadigest.com/raw-spaghetti-and-veggie-balls/
Copyright ©2017 Yoga Digest unless otherwise noted.