Healthy Raw Queso Fresco
by Linda Baldwin | February 1, 2015 4:09 am
This healthy version of raw queso is a major party pleaser! It’s so delicious no one will know how healthy it is!
- 2 – cups of Cashews
- 1/2 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh Tomato
- 1/2 of a small Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh whole Garlic peeled
- 1 – small Jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed finely chopped
- Juice from one small lime
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro washed and diced stems removed
- Water as needed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Drain the cashews and place into vitamix (or other high speed blender).
- Add, the nutritional yeast and cloves of garlic.
- On a low speed, begin blending the nuts while adding water a little at a time. (You want this mixture to have the consistency of regular queso so be cognizant of adding the water slowly and you are blending.)
- Blend until the cheese is creamy about 3- 5 minutes.
- Chop onion, tomato, cilantro + jalapeño mix together and add the fresh lime juice and sea salt. Place Cashew queso in a bowl and top with your salsa fresco, serve with your favorite organic chip or fresh cut vegetables.
Chef Notes: This recipe is a great source of healthy carbs, and essential Omega 3’s. Eat as much as you want it’s great for you!
Photo – detoxinista.com
Source URL: http://yogadigest.com/healthy-raw-queso/
Copyright ©2017 Yoga Digest unless otherwise noted.